Monday, June 13, 2011

3D anaglyph


The 3D anaglyph shoot was a bit tougher then I had anticipated. Not only were the cardboard sets troublesome to mold into what we needed, but the story-line itself had to be changed a few times. We had drawn ‘slapstick comedy’ with ‘foreign’ and ‘crime drama’ as our sub genres. We went with our initial idea, and I think it will work (I hope). We ended up having to shoot our video a second time because I guess I wasn’t paying attention and one of the cameras wasn’t recording. I felt so bad after all of that work and I didn’t think to check both of the cameras after we shot. (I don’t know why, that really isn’t like me at all). It worked out in the end though because during the second shoot, Ethan and Palmer joined us as extras.
 We had a relatively simple set, especially when you consider the lavish set of some of the other groups that I saw, but I we were trying to make that play into our ‘slapstick’ theme. Now that the sequence has been shot and loaded onto the computer, I feel much better. I don’t think it will be too bad adding sound, but the problematic area will be AfterEffects. I will be working with Max to composite our video, and he says he’s good in the program, so I’m hoping that we will turn out a good video. I’m pretty excited to see how everything turns out, I am just ready for the end of the semester-SO MUCH STUFF TO DO! Film Boot Camp is wearing me down!

No comments:

Post a Comment